We are able to supply a wide variety of size, weight and grade of steel in both new mill certified piles and excellent quality used stock. We permanently hold over 3000 tonnes of U and Z pile sections allowing us to offer a unique solution that can react to any urgent or emergency piling situation.
Furthermore, our wholly owned and self-operated heavy haulage fleet means we can quickly mobilise and deliver your order throughout the UK efficiently after receiving your enquiry.
Available in Mild Steel S270 and High Yield Grades S355 – S490 GP, our sheet piles are available to purchase new or second hand in a range of lengths, from 4.0m to 16.0m and are readily available in a variety of sections to suit your application.
Product tolerances are all independently certified and comply with BS EN 10248 Part 2 quality assurance.
Engineering advantages of using steel sheet piles
- High strength to weight ratio with excellent degree of water-tightness and corrosion resistance
- High section modulus leading to reduced deflections
- Large width, enabling increased coverage
- Comprehensive range of heavy section piles, interlocking options and lengths up to 18 metres long
- Good driving properties – can be used with various methods of installation and specialist plant, offering operational flexibility and commercial benefits
Specific considerations to determine the selection of the type of pile
- Geometry of the retaining wall / embedded retaining wall
- Project start time / lead-in time
- Stock availability
- Quantity of material
- Design Requirements
- Pile Specification
- Installation method
- Temporary or permanent
- Ground conditions / Geology
The engineering advantages of U Sheet Pile Sections
- Download U – Sections Technical Information
- A wide range of sections with various geometric characteristics, allowing a technically optimum choice for each specific project
- Combination of good profile depth with large flange thickness, giving excellent statistical properties
- The symmetrical form of the single element makes this type of sheet pile particularly convenient for re-use, bringing cost benefits
- Easy fixing of tie-rods and swivelling attachments, even under water
- Good corrosion resistance; steel thickness greatest at the critical corrosion points
The engineering advantages of Z Pile Sections
- Download Z – Sections Technical Information
- Extremely competitive section modulus to mass ratio
- Increased inertia for reduced deflection
- Large width, resulting in good installation performance
- Good corrosion resistance; steel thickness greatest at the critical corrosion point
Our Pile Hire & Sales Division is dedicated to support all your permanent and temporary sheet pile needs and we are able to supply a variety of U and Z section steel sheet piles from stock or direct from the mill.
To receive a comprehensive sales or hire quotation, please click here or contact Tom Goodyear, our Hire Co-Ordinator, directly on 024 7639 7272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org